This Course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge of their legal position, responsibilities and the consequences of non-compliance for the organisation and the individual.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand their legal position and responsibilities.
- Understand their role in managing the Company Safety Statement.
- Understand the importance of management commitment to health and safety at all levels of the organisation.
- Discuss the implication of Common and Statutory Law.
- Breakdown of the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.
- Evaluate the implications of the General Application Regs, 2007 in the workplace.
- Define Senior Managements Safety role and responsibilities.
- Discuss the role of the HSA and their enforcement of Acts and Regulations.
- Legal implications of bully, stress and harassment at work.
- Discuss specific legislation specific to participant’s work place.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
Who Should Attend:
For all management levels who as part of their duties have responsibility for safety and health.