This one day course is specifically designed for parents, grandparents, babysitters and all those who require a basis for providing basic paediatric First Aid in an emergency situation. It is designed to assist participants in the treatment of minor accident / incident injuries and life saving skills. This is not a substitution for the Occupational First Aid course. Occupational First Aid is a certified and intensive 3 day course with more in depth, practical and theoretical examination of the role / responsibilities of the First Aider.
On completion of this course the participants will have a basic knowledge of Paediatric First Aid and what to do in the event of an emergency while waiting for a qualified person (Doctor, Ambulance personnel etc) to arrive at the scene.
- Child CPR
- Head Injuries
- Course De-Brief and Assessment
- Assess a situation (scene, casualty or casualties) quickly and safely
- Arrange for medical help (Doctor, Cardiac Ambulance etc.)
- First Aid (A, C, B, C, D – Airway, C-spine, Breathing, Circulation, Disability)
- Life threatening conditions – shock, cardiac arrest, asphyxia, respiratory arrest
- Presentation, supplemented by videos, flip chart discussions and practical demonstrations throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also used.
All our instructors are registered with the OFAAA.