Noise & Hearing Protection Training
This is a half-day course designed to provide the course participants with an understanding of noise, sound its various frequency and the effects on the employee. It also describes how the employee can protect himself or herself through the wearing of suitable hearing protection.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the General Application Regulations, 2007, Part 5: Control of Noise at Work.
- List the various noise levels and the actions required.
- Identify any Health and Safety noise hazards in the workplace
- Understand how excessive noise levels can permanently damage hearing.
- Understand the importance of PPE as a last resort.
- Discuss relevant statutory legislation requirements, General Applications Regulations 2007, Part 5: Control of Noise at Work.
- Employers & employees responsibilities.
- Physiology of hearing.
- Determining dangerous noise levels (Noise Measurement).
- Identifying Noise action levels and applicable requirements.
- Effects of noise on the ear.
- The energy of sound.
- Audiometric hearing tests.
- Noise and personal protective equipment.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
Who Should Attend:
For all management, supervisors and workers who may work in environments that may have a detrimental effect on their hearing due to excessive noise levels.
Discover our Safety Training Platform
Train your employees anytime, anywhere with our environmental, health, safety and wellness training platform.
Discover our safety training courses and ehs onboardings, which can be customised and offered in several languages.
Ensure the distribution of your safety policy by training your permanent, temporary or seasonal staff.
Simplify the management of your safety policy thanks to the numerous dashboards and training reports.