Laboratory Safety Awareness
This is a half day course designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge of their responsibilities within the 2001 Chemical Agents Regulations and an understanding of the safe steps required to safely interact with hazardous materials.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Know and understand your responsibilities under the current legislation.
- Identify different types of chemical hazards by their symbols and labels.
- Understand the toxicological information available on hazardous materials.
- Use and understand an M.S.D.S.
- Understand the importance of P.P.E. in the laboratory.
- Discuss relevant statutory legislation and its requirements.
- Introduction to hazardous materials.
- Routes of entry of hazardous materials into the body.
- Classification of different chemicals.
- Warning signs and Labels.
- Materials Safety Data Sheets.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Spill Control Measures.
- Chemical Control Measures.
- Safe Disposal Controls.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
Discover our Safety Training Platform
Train your employees anytime, anywhere with our environmental, health, safety and wellness training platform.
Discover our safety training courses and ehs onboardings, which can be customised and offered in several languages.
Ensure the distribution of your safety policy by training your permanent, temporary or seasonal staff.
Simplify the management of your safety policy thanks to the numerous dashboards and training reports.