First Aid Response (FAR) Course
To provide the learner with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to provide and co-ordinate first aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007; Part 7, Chapter 2 : First Aid. Our Occupational First Aid Course meets the requirements of the syllabus for QQI Award Level 5 Occupational First Aid as set down by the Health and Safety Authority.
Learners who successfully complete the course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of an Occupational First Aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be capable of co-ordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
Unit 1 – First in the Workplace.
Unit 2 – Patient Assessment.
Unit 3 – Respiratory Emergencies.
Unit 4 – Cardiac First Response.
Unit 5 – Wounds and Bleeding.
Unit 6 – Altered Levels of Consciousness.
Unit 7 – Muscloskeletal Injuries.
Unit 8 – Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock.
Course De-Brief and Assessment.
This programme requires a high level of trainee participation and interaction where the theory is enhanced by practical demonstration of skills and practical application by trainees.
Assessment & Certification:
- Certification assessments (theory and practical) will be held on Day 3 of the course.
- Unit assessments will be performed as per unit.
- Certificates are valid for 2 years.
Discover our Safety Training Platform
Train your employees anytime, anywhere with our environmental, health, safety and wellness training platform.
Discover our safety training courses and ehs onboardings, which can be customised and offered in several languages.
Ensure the distribution of your safety policy by training your permanent, temporary or seasonal staff.
Simplify the management of your safety policy thanks to the numerous dashboards and training reports.