Developing an Employee Safety Handbook:
Under the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005, and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 every employer is required to provide information and training to employees. When employees are being inducted into your organisation, the instruction they receive covers a variety of topics including health and safety procedures. All of this instruction is specific to your workplace, its activities and its employees.
The Employee Safety Handbook will provide additional hardcopy information for the trained employees, which will enable the employees to:
- Understand workplace health and safety legislation – relevant to your workplace
Know who the safety officer, representative and committee members are
- Be aware of what constitutes misbehaviour and inappropriate behaviour, and how it is managed within the organisation
- Know the emergency procedures and be able to respond in such an event
- Be aware of their personal responsibility for health and safety in the workplace
- Know the importance of the Safety Policy and Safety Statement – and where to locate it, and how to use it
- Be able to report accidents/incidents/near missed in a time and accurate manner.
The booklet will also provide an opportunity for the employer to record the level of instruction and training that the employee has received.
EazySAFE [incorporating Phoenix Safety] will lessen the administrative and financial load on employers with regard to producing an Employee Safety Handbook. Employees will have a convenient booklet which will allow them to refresh on the health and safety instruction and training they receive in the workplace.
Streamline Your Induction Process
We help companies to prevent injuries by making safe behaviour and workplace conditions part of their work culture.