Emergency First Aid Training
This one day course is specifically designed for those who require a basis for providing basic First Aid in an emergency situation.
On completion of this course the participants will have a basic knowledge of First Aid and what to do in the event of an emergency while waiting for a qualified person (Doctor, Ambulance personnel etc) to arrive at the scene.
Description and definition of role and functions of a First Aider, this includes what he/she can and cannot safely and competently do in the case of an accident or emergency.
It is designed to assist participants in the treatment of minor accident/incident injuries and life saving skills. This is not a substitution for the Occupational First Aid course. Occupational First Aid is a certified and intensive 3 day course with more in depth, practical and theoretical examination of the role/responsibilities of the First Aider.
- Assess a situation (scene, casualty or casualties) quickly and safely.
- Definition of role and functions of a First Aider, this includes what he/she can and cannot safely and competently do in the case of an accident or emergency.
- Protect casualties and others at the scene from possible danger.
- Identify, as far as possible, the mechanism or nature of the illness / injury.
- Arrange for medical help (Doctor, Cardiac Ambulance etc) if required.
- Triage – treating the most serious conditions (casualties) first
- First Aid (A, c, B, C, D – Airway, C-spine, Breathing, Circulation, Disability), Expose, Examine and Evaluate.
- Stay with the casualty until further care/medical aid is available.
- Making a diagnosis.
- Life threatening conditions – shock, cardiac arrest, asphyxia, respiratory arrest.
Bleeding and shock.
- Unconsciousness, Drowning, Fractures, Burns & Poisoning.
All our instructors are registered with the National Ambulance Board.
Discover our Safety Training Platform
Train your employees anytime, anywhere with our environmental, health, safety and wellness training platform.
Discover our safety training courses and ehs onboardings, which can be customised and offered in several languages.
Ensure the distribution of your safety policy by training your permanent, temporary or seasonal staff.
Simplify the management of your safety policy thanks to the numerous dashboards and training reports.