Chemical Spills Training
This course is designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate information on the hazards and dangers of working with chemicals and how to react in the correct manner should a chemical spill occur.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify chemicals in the workplace.
- List procedures for chemical spill emergencies.
- Use of spill control equipment competently.
- Describe how to dispose of chemicals safely following clean-up.
- Follow precise decontamination procedures.
- Role of Emergency Response Team.
- Review of Chemical classifications and hazard labelling.
- Spill activation procedures and response priorities.
- Review of Personal Protective Equipment and clean-up materials.
- Hands-on familiarisation with equipment.
- Personal Protective Equipment donning exercises.
- Review of simple chemical identification tests.
- Practical chemical identification exercise.
- Spill clean-up and waste disposal procedures, e.g. acids and solvents.
- Decontamination procedures.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
Who Should Attend:
Management, Supervisors and Employees who use chemicals as part of their daily working life. These people need to be aware of the correct safe procedure to react to a chemical spill effectively.
Discover our Safety Training Platform
Train your employees anytime, anywhere with our environmental, health, safety and wellness training platform.
Discover our safety training courses and ehs onboardings, which can be customised and offered in several languages.
Ensure the distribution of your safety policy by training your permanent, temporary or seasonal staff.
Simplify the management of your safety policy thanks to the numerous dashboards and training reports.