Bullying & Harassment in the Workplace
This course provides knowledge of legal and duty of care obligations, how to identify bullying, harassment and workplace violence, and prevention tools to ensure the organisation maintains a safe work culture.
Bullying and Harassment are more common than we imagine. Workplace bullying is an increasing problem. Some existing measures implemented are insufficient to tackle the problem. Bullying and harassment of an individual is a very serious issue and requires an appropriate managed response. This course aims to address the issues involved as well as provide information to identify and manage bullying in the workplace.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Bullying, Sexual and Racial Harassment.
- Identify common examples of bullying and harassment at work.
- State relevant Irish and EU legislation.
- Describe the effects on the individual.
- Take actions to deal with a situation where bullying and harassment occurs.
- Legislation relevant to your workplace.
- Types of Bullying and Harassment.
- Individual Causes.
- Organisational Causes.
- Effects of Bullying.
- The Legal Context.
- Prevention of Bullying and Harassment.
- Discussion on Bullying and Harassment in the workplace
Discover our Safety Training Platform
Train your employees anytime, anywhere with our environmental, health, safety and wellness training platform.
Discover our safety training courses and ehs onboardings, which can be customised and offered in several languages.
Ensure the distribution of your safety policy by training your permanent, temporary or seasonal staff.
Simplify the management of your safety policy thanks to the numerous dashboards and training reports.