Learners will be trained to develop a competent high standard of CPR and be given various scenarios involving the use of the AED with particular regard to safety.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess the scene.
- Assess the injury.
- Deal effectively with common injuries.
Assessment & Certification:
Written assessment as well as three practical assessments for each learner.
All successful participants will be registered with the Irish Heart Foundation.
This training will need to be revalidated every three months. A group of 10 – 12 can be revalidated in one day.
- This course is run according to Irish Heart Foundation / American Heart Association guidelines/standards using Video and Multimedia Presentations.
- Training is carried out by a registered Irish Heart Foundation Instructor.
- Practical demonstrations of techniques.
- Training handouts, training records and evaluation forms are also provided.